Monday 15 May 2017

Politicians who called Biafra activists miscreants are now lobbying for my support – Kanu

Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, has disclosed that politicians, who were initially calling pro-Biafra activists names, are now mounting pressure on him to support their political aspirations.

He stated this at the weekend while addressing few of his friends in the media who paid him a visit at his Afaraukwu residence in Umuahia, Abia State.
Kanu averred that those who are distancing themselves from the Biafra struggle would regret it as they would end up being irrelevant “because the Biafra Republic is sure”.
He further disclosed that he took over the agitation for the actualization of Biafra state because of the failings of erstwhile leader of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, Ralph Uwazururike.
His words: “The same politicians who called us noise makers, internet warriors, miscreants and so many names today sneak in here to come and lobby for my support.
“They will always ask me to support them to get into office, that while they are in office, they will help push the cause, but I know that what they are after is the four or eight years they will stay so that they can make money.
“For me, money is not my problem. They have been calling me to come to Abuja, come to so place, but the money is not my interest. For me, it is about Biafra.”
The IPOB leader noted that the fears being entertained by politicians about the coming of Biafra republic were neither here nor there, assuring that the Biafra republic would be founded on the principle of justice, equity and fairness.
He said: “I don’t know why they are just afraid. Biafra will be a home for all people who agree with our values.
“If you are from Sokoto you can be a Biafran if you believe in our value system of equity, justice and fairness.
“I don’t even intend to be the head of Biafra republic in the end. I don’t like to always lead. I want to be led so that I can proffer solutions.
“If Uwazuruike had done well, I won’t be doing what I’m doing today. I’m into this struggle because of leadership vacuum.
“I’m into this fight because my people are suffering; they are denied of their rights and privileges. Nothing will stop this fight. And I must assure you we are almost there. Biafra is almost here with us.”
On whether he agreed with the assertion of the late Igbo leader, Ikemba Odumegwu Ojukwu, that Biafra should now be a thing of the mind and not a geographical space, Kanu stated that Biafra had a geographical location and that the people of Biafra were known and defined.

No comments:

Post a Comment